Handbags are always a weighted topic for the fashion set – most likely due to their exorbitant prices and the ability of most of us to spot some of the industry’s most coveted handheld accoutrements from miles away.
I admittedly have a thing for bags of the designer persuasion (no surprise there), though the costs of nearly all of the bags I fancy are not within my everyday means. To put it in perspective, a $3K Chanel bag bought on a whim would put my next three months of rent in jeopardy, and though I love all things Lagerfeld, quite frankly, he isn’t keeping a roof over my head and food in my stomach.
But designer bags still make me SWV-style weak in the knees and I am a woman who does somehow end up getting what she wants. In this day and age of Black Fridays and sample sales, possessing Chanel, Balenciaga, Louis Vuitton, and the like isn’t as out of reach as it used to be and I’ve found a way to own pieces from the aforementioned brands without ever actually shelling out full retail dollars.
Now that I’ve discovered ways to get the accessories I want without emptying my checking account time and time again, I’m kind of hooked on it. Here a few tips on how you can get the styles you want for a fraction of the price.
1. Buy consignment and vintage. You can certainly find hidden gems at consignment and vintage stores, and at great prices. Each city has at least one consignment shop and I’m lucky to be a native New Yorker because we have a slew of them. The main drawback is that the goods aren’t always in the best shape, and you never know what you’re going to find when you visit.
2. Sales are my friends. I embrace them with open arms. I know, I know: We’re in times of financial uncertainty and we should be saving for a rainy day, but sale season is the best time of the year to shop for yourself. There are so many sales that a fashion-loving woman would be remiss to not take advantage. The only thing that sucks about sales is that the best stuff always goes first and stores will often mark-up goods before they go on sale to make you think you’re saving more than you actually are.
3. Hunt for super savings on deal sites. There are multiple deals sites that I visit frequently, which are stocked with designer bags. I’ve snagged a vintage LV crossbody bag on BTR for $250. Pretty amazing steal, right? The only thing is problem with
4. Last, but not least, you can take advantage of super savings through purse subscription services like Luxy Purse. Fashionable subscription clubs are all the rage right now. They provide designer style for low prices. If you are like me and love to change up your look often, then you probably have dreamed of buying a new handbag every month. With purse clubs, you actually get to do just that. This is my secret to staying up on the latest purse trends without breaking the bank.
How Luxy Purse Works
If you’ve never signed up for a fashion club before, you should definitely check this site out. As a word of warning, not all fashion clubs are alike. Don’t make the mistake of signing up for the wrong one. Every club has its unique angle.
My personal tip is to find a trendy purse subscription club with concierge service that understands fashion. I like using Luxy Purse because I receive excellent service. Plus, their fashionistas know my personal style so well. I get a new purse every month with suggestions from fashion experts. If I have any issues, I can always contact my own purse concierge!
Right now they have a special promotion that gives you 50% off of your first purse. All you have to do is use the coupon code ’50OFF’. That means you’re only paying less than $20 for a purse worth $150+!
1. Subscribe and save.
If this idea sounds too good to be true to you, let me tell you how it works. I have been using Luxy Purse for a while and I still get excited every month when my new bag comes in the mail. They get in touch with the trendiest designers in the world and make deals so that they can pass the savings onto their customers.
2. Follow the crazy simple signup process.
Once you sign up, they will immediately send your first new purse. No hidden fees or shipping costs are added to your price. And yes, the folks over there that pick the purses have GREAT taste. There hasn’t been one purse that I’ve received that I haven’t fallen in love with.
3. What happens if I don’t want my subscription anymore?
One of the reasons why I love this company so much is because they have exceptional customer service. If you’re not happy with your membership for any reason, you can easily reach their customer service team (no long waits!) and let them know. There’s no hassle at all to cancel, and you might be surprised at what deals you can unlock if you just ask 🙂 Check out Luxy Purse for yourself and make sure to use coupon code 50OFF to receive 50% off of your first month!